Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Chapter 24 - Flashback #4 [Back in the Day.)

*giggles.*


Chapter 24 :
Drake's P.O.V [Middle School.)


Drake had just entered the Thomentson Middle School building. And was all about school. Always. He was on his way to his locker to grab his English book for his first period; that's were he kept his books when he didn't have homework or didn't have to study. As he turned around before the bell rang, he took a few glances at his books to see if he had his folders for every class.
        "Yo Aubrey! Is there basketball practice today?" his best friend called out. His best friends name was Dolo. They had met two years prior to that very moment. "Yeah man, be on time. Talk to you later before I be late to class." And with that, he went to his first period class. 


"Good-morning Aubrey. You look like a pocket full of Sunshine." This was the typical response he got from his teacher being that he was a teachers pet. "Thank you Ms. Daniels. Good-morning to you too." The teacher smiled at him as the bell rung. Before she opened her mouth to say anything else, he was already interested. "Alright class, please pull out your homework and notebook and get started on the warm up. He got out his notebook and started to write what seemed like a couple paragraphs. When he was down, he picked up his article and started reading. Ten minutes into reading, he heard a clamor. He looked back to the left to him to see what it was. It was a girl trying to comprehend a paper she was looking at.


"What is this? I'm not understanding!" she tried to whisper to herself but obviously it wasn't a whisper. Drake turned around to see one of his classmates with an oblivious face reaction. She was searching for an answer. Just before he spoke, she spoke first. This time, she said it a bit louder. "I can't do this right now. It's hard."


"Well Lisa, I think you should try again if at first you can't get it right. What is it that you're having problems with? Did you read the directions?" she smiled at him then looked back to her paper.


"Umm... yeah I read the directions and I tried to think more than once."


"Well what's the problem?" he asked looking at her paper. "Oh! This is Science. Is this your homework?" She scrunched up her face in embarrassment. 


"...yeah. I forgot I had to do it."


"Okay. Read me the question you need help on."


"Alright. How does the nucleus control the cells activity?"


"Well, the nucleus has DNA, do you know what that is?"


She giggled. "Not really."


"Haha. So DNA is Deoxyribonuclueic acid. Its the material in humans and some organisms. Well anyway, DNA directs the composition of all cells protein. It is copied to the RNA. You know what that is?"


"Yes I do. Ribonucleic acid. That's all."


"Right. That goes out of the nucleus to take place where the nutrients are made. Anything else?" he smiled.


"Please. Just one more. What are two advantages of being multi-cellular?"


"Firstly, being multi-cellular increases the capabilities of an organism. Secondly, the cells can be specialized.


"Oh my! Thank you so much Aubrey! I'll love you forever. You're so smart!"


"Oh its not a problem," he smiled again before turning around and continuing to read his article.




[High School)

“Learn from yesterday, Live for today and Hope for tomorrow,” Drake said quietly as he took out his notebook for Study Hall third period. He only studied for about 7 minutes due to the fact that he already knew the stuff because he studied at home.  . If you were to ask him any questions about any one topic, whether it be the topic learned recently or something to be learned in the future, he would be able to shoot back those answers like fireworks. 
 Most of the other people were studying while others were secretly talking, so they didn’t disturb others. Drake looked up and got a view of everything then averted his eyes.   A girl walked passed as Drake looked back up. 
She bit her lips and put her index finger in her mouth as she exited the room. Although he to hold off on the girls but it’s obvious he couldn't help but flirt.smiled and constantly looked in that direction. Just a few moments later, the same girl came back in with another girl. With hooked arms whispering, they made their way over to where Drake was sitting. “That’s him?..” The friend asked and she shook her head yes with a lot of excitement. They both came over and sat. 
“Hi. My name is Zeina. This is my friend Christine. How you doing? Anyway, She’s just a little nervous. She likes you.” She stated then turned to look at her nervous friend hiding and blushing. “I have been watching. She’s a bit timid but when you get to know her, that will all change. Umm..Christine! Say something you ass..” She said shaking her friend. “You knew I was going to embarrass you. You can bit your lip and all that and can’t say hi! Yeah, I saw you..” The other girl let go of her friend and pushed her trying to knock her out the chair. “Okay! Bye Zeina. You can leave me now. Thanks!” she said rolling her eyes and covering the side of her facing blocking Zeina out of her view.“I’m going to go now. I’ll see you later Christine" she sighed then left. 


“Well hello there miss. I’m not going to bite you. What’s up? I know you’re nervous, but you can talk to me. I see you’re Christine, right?”


“Not exactly. That’s my middle name. My name is Brittany. She just likes to make things different for herself. What is your name?”


“It’s Aubrey, but most people call me Drake. So tell me, Brittany, what grade are you in?”


“Grade 11. How about you?


“I see you… I’m in 12th.” Just as he finished, the bell rang. They looked at each with so much interest. Both arose and grabbed their stuff.


“Okay. It was nice to meet you. I’ll see you around,” she said blushing.


“Yes! It was nice to meet you too. You okay?”


“Yeah I’m fine. Bye.”





They were walking down the hallway one their way to third period. Drake hovered her by a locker. She was looking both ways and up at him. He had been locking her straight in the eye the whole time.
"...Okay? I'll see you later." He bent in and kissed her cheek. She took advantage and moved her lips over to his. The kiss became something more. Next thing happening was someone yelling out, "you two need to get a room!" Drake detached himself from her and looked in that direction. He flung them off then winked  at her before walking off himself.


It had been months passed since Drake and Brittany were together. Everything was good. They couldn't be seen without being the center of attention. A spring day was presented to them. During lunch, Drake was looking for Brittany. He spotted her sitting with 4 other girls. He shook his head in disgust
 and walked over to that table. When he approached them, the girls stopped talking and cheesed at him. Brittany gave them a look that said it all.


"Excuse me Brittany, come over here for a minute. We need to talk," Drake said not giving much eye contact and not much excitement. He turned and walked away as soon as he was done talking. His butt was glued to a bench outside moments later. She came over and tried to loop his arm but he turned sideways.
"Aubrey! There you are. You went ghost on me. You haven't answered my phone calls or anything. I didn't even see you this morning. What's up?"


"Look. I know it all. You don't have to act anymore," he said looking past her.


"What are you talking about baby?"


"So you thought I wasn't going to find out? You're very smart."


"I'm so confused. What did I do? Tell me? Stop acting like this. I would never do anything to make you this upset with me. What happened?"


"I tried to act like I ain't see or hear it. I had to pinch myself a couple of times just to make sure. You had me feeling real low yesterday. Do I still need to refresh your memory?"


"Yes! Please. I don't understand. I only saw you once and you were fine. You gave me a hug and kiss and everything. Then I didn't see you for the rest of the day. I looked for you after school but couldn't find you. I called you but still no answer or anything."


"Okay so yesterday I was about to go to class. Matter fact, I was about to pass you by. Before I turned the corner to run into you. I heard you talking. I heard my name so I decided to listen. Shall I go on?"


"Oh about that, its not what it---"


"Save it. So you just using me? Were through. End of conversation." Drake got up and walked away. He went through the front of the school and was early to his next class. He sat there thinking. Most of all, he was hurt. Used. Betrayed.
He pulled out his notebook and began flowing.


Damn. Tell me what I'm gone do Since everything I'm trying to forget is all true.
Me and all your main girls get along too
I would take my last dollar out and bet it on you
But ahhhhh, you see the same one I'm missing
Is basically the reason I became something different
And just that I remember me before
And if you could do the same baby then we'll be for sure. "But we can't," he thought. 



Drake had been sitting at the dinning room table when his mom got home. His head was done and he was drawing shapes into the table with his finger. Mom Sandi had just walked through the door. He got up to help her with two of her bags.
  "Oh thank you!" she breathed.

"Yeah... are you okay?"

"Yes. I just had to rush in here because I have a couple of things to do. How was school?"

"It was okay... Well... I broke up with-"

"Oh Aubrey! I'm sorry. What happened? That's if you want to talk about it. You don't have to."

"Well I'll just say I've been used and betrayed."

"Oh! She was a skank? Oh I see. You'll get passed this, trust me. There is someone out there for you. Be patient. Don't stress. Good things come to those who wait."

"Thanks mom. How was work?"

"Just busy, as usual. I'll be glad when Becca leaves. She's such a trouble maker," Mom Sandi scoffed as she walked away. Drake laughed.


[In the Studio.)

Nicki scooted closer to Drake and put his hands in hers. She looked into his eyes and smiled. "Its okay Drake. I understand. Even if I didn't like that, I would have looked passed it because I like you so much. I would be willing to look ahead. You are a very cute, sweet, respectful man. That doesn't bother me. I just want to be happy. I just want to be happy with you. You can  keep me happy right?"

"Of course I will Onika. You are so beautiful. You're not like everyone else. I see something different when I look at you. Trust me, I will be there for you for the rest of our days. I put that on my life. I'm glad you understand." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Yes. I had flaws too! I'm over it now. You and me is the topic. That's all that matters. I love you."

"I love you too." He pulled her in for a hug. She laid her head on his chest inhaling his wonderful smelling scent. She wrapped her arm around his stomach and closed her eyes. "Nik. Are you sleep?" he asked but all he got was Nicki moving from the sound of his voice. "Come on pretty girl. Get up. Let me take you home. I'm not trying to be in this studio all night. She laughed out of her nap and sat up. He got up then took her hand. She turned the lights off and left the room.

"Hey babe..." Nicki said walking down the hall.

"Yup?"

"Can you stay with me tonight? I need to cuddle. It's cold."

"Of course I will." She smiled then kissed him on the cheek.... again.

3 comments:

  1. I wish HB really would get streaks in her hair it would be too fetch!! AWWW SNAP DRIZZY'S HOME BABY! And he's not happy that you didn't want him to know about ur foot. Lol at her telling SB to close his eyes as she did something freaky with Drake. Drake is the love of my life <3 The flashback was soooo cute! That girl i the beginning is like me in science but I was that dumb. And then that stupid Britany girl I wanna stab her in the face hwo are you gonna use a wonderful person like Drake? Aww they were in the studio with them as the topic!!! They real cute DRICKI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww this was so sad! WTF that heaux! She broke Drake's heart like WHO DOES THAT! -___- Awww poor Drake... writing about his ex yet again :( I love that verse from loving you no more btw :P Omgg Drake and Nic are too cute! they understand each other so well, it's so ahhhh so fuckin cute!!! Oh and loved the last part.. when Nic asks if he wants to stay so they could cuddle they're just ahhhhhh njfkasjckma LOVED IT! POST AGAIN SOOOOOON <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay im excited!! :DDD cuddling leands to... lol ;) mhmmm... nmice and smh brittany -_-. i cant wait for he next scene <3 <3 #adicted post again soon darling!

    ReplyDelete

onmousedown="return false" oncontextmenu="return false" onselectstart="return false"'>'